Vienna (again)
We enjoyed our couple of extra days in Vienna before joining our second trip - although it was not all plain sailing for me. Unfortunately Monday night I had a severe case of food poisoning which has left me feeling washed out.Nevertheless, yesterday afternoon we joined our Trafalgar tour and went out for a welcome dinner (for me that was a bread roll and salad) before being driven around the centre of the city to see all of the lights. :)
We had a chance to take a few more photos of Vienna including the Hofburg Palace:
St Stephan's Dom
Today we played I Spy
I spy with my little eye something beginning with s....
First there was the magnificent Schonbrunn Palace, home to the Hapsburgs until they backed the losing side during WW1 and the Austrian empire was disbanded. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take photos inside so here are a few from the exterior to give you a taste:
And the truly magnificent part of Schonbrunn Palace was squirrels :) I have now seen red AND black squirrels and dare I say it they are cuter than the grey ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment